INTER-INSTITUTIONAL CO-OPERATION IN LITHUANIA
In 2007 the inter-institutional working group was set up by the Order of the Director of the Financial Crime Investigation Service in order to accumulate, analyse and summarize the information about the methods for legalization of money or assets derived from criminal activity as well as co-ordinate the activity for the prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing.
Seeking to ensure cooperation and exchange of available information, avoid duplication of inspection activities of the entities the Service signed the agreements with all Lithuanian institutions responsible for the implementation of the preventive measures of money laundering and terrorist financing:
- 16 June 2009 with the Gaming Control Authority under the Ministry of Finance
- 23 July 2009 with the Chamber of Bailiffs
- 14 September 2009 with the Chamber of Auditors
- 14 September 2009 with the Lithuanian Assay Office
- 26 October 2009 with the Culture Heritage Department
- 24 of November 2009 with the Bank of Lithuania
- 10 of February 2010 with the Chamber of Notaries
INTERNATION CO-OPERATION FORUMS
Seeking to improve anti-money laundering system in Lithuania and to remain consistent with international standards MLPD focuses on co-operation with foreign and international institutions.